- All our actions are based on human needs we're trying to meet.
- Determine how we feel in relation to the concrete actions we observe.
- What are the needs, values, and desires that create our feelings?
- Learning to clearly express how we feel without blaming or criticizing and receive how others feel without hearing blame or criticism.
- Reaching beneath the surface and discovering what is alive and vital within us.
- Take joy in the well-being of ourselves and the well-being of others.
- Slow down. Slow down again.
- Ground yourself in present moment feelings.
- Focus on empathy and connection.
- Ask for help ( "Would you be willing...?)
- Continue to empathize until everyone affirms that their feelings and needs have been understood.
- Only then, explore solutions.
- Celebrate our peacemaking.
"When critical self-concepts prevent us from seeing the beauty in ourselves, we lose connection with the divine energy that is our source."