Saturday, November 22, 2008

Without a Fight


Continuing the affirmations from Dr. Dyer's Your Erroneous Zones:




I never engage in useless fighting. I am not a bandwagoner, jumping on various causes as a way of bringing importance to myself. If fighting will help bring about change, then I will fight but never will I find it necessary to fight uselessly. I am not a martyr. I am a doer. I am also a helper. I engage in work that will make other people's lives more pleasant or tolerable. I am a warrior on the forefront of social change; and yet I don't take my struggles to bed with me every night as a breeding ground for ulcers, heart disease and other physical disorders. I am incapable of stereotyping. I often don't even notice physical differences in people, including racial, ethnic, size and sexual. I do not judge others by their looks. I may appear hedonistic and selfish though I spend large amounts of my time in the service of others. Why? Because I like it that way.

No comments: