Friday, November 28, 2008

Relationship and Expectations


Continuing with the affirmations from Dr. Dyer's Erroneous Zones:


I value honesty. I am not evasive with my responses.

I know that I'm in charge of my own world, and others are in charge of their own as well.

I deal with what is, rather than what I would like it to be.

I don't blame. I don't spend a great deal of time talking about others and focussing on what someone else has done or failed to do. [ I need to read that one often]


I have little concern with order, organization or system in my life. I have self-discipline but have no need to have things and people fit into my own perceptions of how everything ought to be. I do not see the world as having to be a certain way. I have no preoccupation with cleanliness and orderliness. I exist in a functional way and if everything isn't fitting in as I would prefer, I find that all right too. Because of this I can be creative.


I attack any concern in my own way, be it making a bowl of soup, writing a report, or mowing the grass. I apply my own imagination to the act, and the result is a creative approach to everything. I don't have to do it a certain way. I simply attack a problem as I see fit. This is creativity and I have it.

No comments: